Monday 30 April 2012

Warm-hearted Rosetta

25th April, 2012

Feeling 10-minute-breeze on Stars Ferry across the Victoria Harbour had definitely given me relaxing moments. It would be even better if there was a cup of caffe.


I kept walking along the Ocean Terminal and then the Harbour City, and finally discovered '18 GRAMS'.


'18 Grams' is the standard portion of caffe powder to prepare a cup of double espresso by using their specific coffee maker. Like the other popular cafe, Holly Brown, 18 GRAMS has their own roasted-coffee beans. Due to the logo, which consists of a turnip pattern, I decided to have a cup of latte. I asked for skimmed milk as usual because I perfer a more intense flavour of caffe. (more difficult to make pattern)

There are recently 2 female barista in this branch, though the cafe only owned a corner of the citysuper. They were quite nice to customers, especially to frequent visiters. During my visit, an office-lady simply paid for her cup of caffe and without saying a word. I later realized that the barista had already memorized what their fans liked to drink in her cafe.




Caffe Latte (small): The latte art was freely-poured, so it was acceptable to receive a 'half heart, half rosetta'. The temperature was perfect. It could drink it comfortably without any burn of my tongue. The milk foam was very micro and delicate, allowing the barista to create the clear pattern of rosetta on the latte.  Though the milk foam was not quite thick, it made me so satisfied that it was able to cover my upper lip. For the taste, it was intensely-flavoured. Slightly-bitter and no sour taste. If there was a bitterly sweet piece of brownie or simply biscotti, I would certainly ask for one more shot.



Soon after, I finished all the caffe, leaving a layer of milk foam. The milk foam was so persistant that the shape of rosetta didn't change much or bubbled away.

'Half Heart, half rosetta.'', you just gave me warmth. It was only 10 minutes but you had warmed up my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...