Monday 21 May 2012

Pizza with Butterflies

9th May, 2012


Being interviewed is always a great honour, but also a huge pressure. Today, I suffered from the over-anxiety due to the interview in the afternoon, which actually wasn't as important as I thought before.


Mum suggested to go to the Festival Walk for lunch, and I would go to the University myself to have the interview.


As there was no queue outside Pizza Express, unlike the one nearby, we quickly sought for seats in Pizza Express.


It was the first time to have lunch near the open kitchen, though we had already dined in here for many times. I was quite delighted about it since dishes could be delivered as soon as the chef was ready to send out them. =) (Hot and fresh dishes usually taste better, except those iced desserts. )





Same as the branch located at the Ocean Terminal, 15% off discount is offered if customers pay their bills before 12:30 pm. It was unfortunately 12:45 p.m.


The theme of specials for this month is avocado. The new Primavera Romana Pizza is quite attractive. Four different spring ingredients are located at the four quarters of the pizza, just like the Four Season Pizza. It definitely suits food lovers, who love trying special things, like me! Yet, I couldn't order this today since I couldn't allow the interviews to see my huge belly under by the tight formal skirt after I finished half of the pizza....



Once we saw the set lunch menu, I 'wow' for the increased price, which became even more expensive than that in the Ocean Terminal branch -- the tourists' area. The OT branch offers HK$5x for light lunches while this branch costs us HK$79. Besides, all desserts in the dessert menu could be ordered if diners added an extra HK$20 in this branch months ago, however, we now have to pay HK$25 for desserts with limited choices, which are Tiramisu, Cheesecake and Chocolate Fudge Cake. (These three are the classics of Pizza Express.)They are still cheaper than the original price marked in the a la carte, though.



Therefore, I thought that an executive lunch was more economical than an light lunch but mum insisted on ordering 1 light lunch (HK$79)and 1 executive lunch(HK$88). (She explained that she had to take care my stomach.) We had our beloved entree Baked Mushrooms with the main course, Salmon Affumicato, and the other main course, Fusilli al Funghi.

He was watching my camera...Hi~

Who was he laughing at?

Glasses were changed.
The previous one was blue in colour, bought from IKEA (I simply knew it by looking at the glass bottom =p)


We were surprised that the Baked mushrooms was quickly delivered a few minutes after the order: It was not dough balls as before, but instead, dough sticks were provided. It didn't matter as they were actually come from the same kind of dough. The dough sticks were soft, maybe a bit spongy (spongy? it wasn't a piece of cake...). Dough made by Pizza Express is always satisfying. I really want to have it all day. =p Yet, the dough sticks were not hot. They were just warm, and the mushrooms too. The dish was believed to be ready earlier. Maybe the mushrooms should be belong to other customers, who later cancelled them. Despite of the juicy, cheesy baked mushrooms with nice pesto, they were not aromatic and perfect enough after being cooled.


Unlimited Iced lemon tea ordered by mum was received between meals. It was as tasteless as a glass of water. It is said that in some occasions, extremely economical stuffs are not worth to try. It is damn true.


Salmon Affumicato: To our surprise, smoked salmon was filled with the whole piece of (half-portion) pizza. It was the largest piece ever since we dined in here. The pizza crust was hot enough as it was straightly delivered from the oven ^^. Like what I expected, the edges of the crust was crispy and biscuity while the centre was soft. Though the pizza crust was quite hot, the salmon had not yet cooked. It  kept its creaminess and became fresher with lemon juices. The oiliness of salmon was also reduced as the fish oil was partly soaked in the pizza dough. Cream cheese increased the smooth texture, and the mozzarella was definitely an essential element in every pizza, resulting wonderful molten cheesy 'string'. However, it would be more aromatic if there was more dill.


The mixed salad accompanied was okay, quite fresh, but I would like to have balsamic dressing, instead of their thick and cloudy house dressing.



Fusilli al Funghi: I didn't like PizzaExpress's pasta at all because the pasta was usually overcooked. Today, the fusilli was unexpectedly al dente. I believed that the chef might start boil the pasta once after the order or it was cooked under hard water. (Mum doesn't like al dente pasta as it is a bit hard to her, like many Hongkong diners.) Fusilli smelt good too, due to the distinct, aromatic truffle oil and fried wild mushrooms. All the extracts were absorbed into the pasta, and the olive oil effectively assisted all ingredients to be mixed well. Cooked in perfection.

By the way, in the old lunch menu, a small piece of garlic flatbread was provided in the pasta set, but this time, we didn't receive any. It may never give any complimentary bread in the future, I think. Sigh.



As I was going to attend an interview, my stomach could not stand for extra desserts. (/__\) I wanted to order latte, but I was afraid that my mouth would be filled with coffee aroma when I talked. "Just hot lemon water would be fine."my mom said.


As soon as I finished the cup of lemonade, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach again. Did those butterflies become more energetic after this full meal?
 
 I typed in English because it was a lot faster than typing in Chinese. I'm sorry for any possible grammatical mistakes or typo in the above review.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...